The department boasts of very experienced faculty members, trained lab staffs and well developed teaching – learning methodology. The department assures of highest level of quality in teaching – learning, lab infrastructure and management processes.
To meet the challenges of new technological advances and to provide updated knowledge through state of the art technology. It pursuers to the level of industry relevant learning & training and thus to be a premier technical department that strives continuously for excellence in education and research.
- To help in building national capabilities for excellent energy management and to explore non-conventional energy sources.
- To produce technically competent graduates with ability to analyze, design, develop, optimize and implement electrical systems.
- To create and sustain environment of learning in which students acquire knowledge and learn to apply it professionally with due consideration of ethical and economical issues.
- To produce graduates with a professional outlook who can communicate effectively and interact responsibly with colleagues, clients, employers and the society
Program Educational Objective
- To train the students of Engineering program so that they can work with government and private sector companies responsible for development of power sector & prove themselves in electrical maintenance for industry.
- To train students of Electrical Engineering program who can contribute to teaching profession, research and development by pursuing higher studies.
- To train students of Electrical Engineering program in a manner that they should function effectively in multicultural and multidisciplinary groups in their practice of Electrical Engineering profession.
- Basic Electrical lab
- Network lab
- Electrical Measurement lab
- Simulation lab
- Numerical Technique lab
- Electrical Instrumentation lab
- Electric Machines-I lab
- Electric Machines-II lab
- Electric Machines and Automatic Control lab
- Control System lab
- Power Electronics lab
- Power System lab
- Electric Drives lab
- Project lab
Achievements of Department
- Produced university toppers
- Active IEEE student branch (STB: 15147)
- Short term courses are organized regularly
- Conduct preparation classes for gate every year
- Conduct preparation classes for placement every year
- Conduct personality development/verbal ability classes
- Technical training classes (PLC, SCADA etc) are oragnised every semester
- Regular expert lectures are regularly organized
- Under IEEE student branch social activities such as distribution of blankets to poor
RESEARCH AND PUBLICATIONS
Faculty members have publications in Journals and Conferences of high repute.
Companies like CHOICE CHEMTECH, JBM GROUP, THINK & LEARN, OMEGA Technologies, SANDAK visited the campus to recruit students.
To make the students technically strong, they are made to undertake minor and major projects in the areas of their interest. They have successfully completed projects related to solar panels, layout of power system etc. Through this they gained hands on experience of implementing their ideas.
Students completed summer internships in reputed brands like BHEL, BSNL, NTPC, DRDO, DMRC etc.
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
Through strong technical skills and employability courses, students achieve high success rates in placement opportunities. The department takes care of the grooming of personality of students through sports & games, technical and cultural activities and dedicated grooming sessions. This ensures the overall development of the student.
Special Personality Development classes are conducted regularly. Industrial Visits are organized regularly. Students were given the opportunity to attend workshops on MATLAB, SOLAR TECHNOLOGY, AUTOCAD etc. Hence, students’ knowledge is empowered by various technical and academic inputs.